Council Note du Conseil

Élections de l'AÉSISSA Elections 2011

Félicitations aux nouveaux membres de l'Exécutif de l'AÉSISSA!
Congratulations to the new AÉSISSA executive council!

18 January 2011

Informal Association of Canadian Archivists (ACA) Student Chapter

Dear fellow SIS students,

I am a first year student in my second semester and I am looking to start
an informal Association of Canadian Archivists (ACA) student chapter here
at our SI school. 'Informal' would mean that you would not need to be a
registered member of the ACA, we would not need a registered professor to
oversee our group and we would be essentially meeting in the name of our
interest in the archival side of information management.

Essentially, I would like to get together with other students in the
school on a bi-weekly basis to see who is interested in the archival side
of information management in our new school. We could get some speakers to
come talk to us about their jobs, maybe have some informal pub nights and
go to some of the great archives in Ottawa that we have access to but
might not have been to yet, and hopefully more!

Depending on interest shown and how well we can organize ourselves, we
might consider starting a ‘formal’ student chapter next year.

Please email me if you are interested at ehanl053@uottawa.ca, my name is
Emily Hanlon. If there are four other students besides myself who would
like to actively work together, I propose that we begin meeting in early
February.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Emily

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Emily,
    If you're interested in planning information sessions or pubnights, may they be for ACA student chapter or ÉSIS, the position at AÉSISSA is still available between now and the next council's mandate (until whoever runs for 2011/12); I'm currently juggling acting events as well as my regular communications position with AÉSISSA.

    Céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Emily,
    I am the Director-at-Large for the ACA and liaison to Student Chapters. Please contact me at heather.pitcher@humanrightsmuseum.ca.

    ReplyDelete